Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Iron Chef

Today I was walking around Target. Originally, I had come for a pretzel, but to everyone who has never been to Target, you can always arrive wanting one thing but you always leave purchasing more than ten. I mean come on, they were selling college-rule composition notebooks for 50 cents. 50 cents! And well, it all kinda went downhill from there.

Somewhere between the toy section and the grocery section, I ran into the clothing equipment aisle. Then I wanted an iron. So there I was, looking for the absolute cheapest one I could find and here's what I saw...

No, your eyes are not deceiving you. The product name is Toastmaster, and the product being sold is indeed an iron. Now, if you're not familiar with Toastmaster, they're pretty well known for selling bungee cords. No, wait, that's not right. I meant toasters. As if that wasn't the icing on the cake, it was also the cheapest iron there. Gee, I wonder why that is...

I'm assuming the commercial for this went something like...

Toast A La Steamè

With Toastmaster 4000, Anyone Can Be Iron Chef!
Hmm, I'm going to have to try that some day soon. Now I'm hungry....

1 comment:

Do you like this? Do you hate it? Tell me more either way! If you don't leave a comment, I'll just assumed you loved it anyway.